Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Let then eat parking meters -- uh, I mean cake

(Originally Posted June 2, 2011)

Since I was once a contract executive for Enron, the man who, literally, wrote the Disaster Recovery Plan for Enron (yes yes, tis true), I know a little about privatization.

Privatization (the private sector's way of making a buck on things you think your tax dollars already pay for) is, and has been, the big ideological push for the past 15 years. Soon most things we take for granted as public services -- like schools, parking meters, fire departments, food stamps, etc etc -- will be run by corporations . . . a conservative wet dream, about to happen.

However, even though this little "shock doctrine" plan seems to be working, my prediction is this tide will soon, quickly AND dramatically, reverse !!

This has been orchestrated, overtly since 2001, to rob the poor to pay the rich . . . Robin Hood gone bad. The old Grover Norquist quote: "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub" is coming to pass.

This is a sad day for those of those of us who feel a kinship with the earth and our fellow earthlings. Money and business, which -- to me anyway -- have thrown us in to a fiscal hell, are the loudest voices in town.

But they're not the only voices.

Soon, very soon, there will be an uprising in the United States and across the world. A populist, progressive voice -- weak at first, but growing stronger day by day -- that will speak louder than "big business".

This uprising, this collective "voice" is, of course, my hope.

But -- and I think I have the "street cred" and past history to support me that my viewpoint on future events quite often comes to pass -- it is also my "prediction".

I see it happening. Truly, I do :)

No comments: