Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Channeling Tammy Wynette

(Originally Posted July 6, 2011)

Back in the 80's, I was commissioned by a big church in downtown Columbus, Ohio, to find their "ghost" . . I wandered through the church and at various points, I would say "I don't feel as if I can go any further" and, every time, I was told "oh we added on here".

Eventually, to make a long, actually pretty interesting, story short, I came up with the idea that it was the organist, who was in love with the pastor. Later we learned that She really did exist, and died in (I believe) 1926 -- before all the renovations and additions were added. I also saw, in my mind, in addition to the story line between her and her unrequited love, a song -- and as I looked at the song in my head, I saw that it ended with a "dotted whole note".

I asked if there were file cabinets upstairs and, after being told there were, I walked upstairs, went straight to a file cabinet and, first thing, pulled out a song. It ended with a dotted whole note and the final lyrics were "and I will live in thine house forever". Chills.

Fast forward 23 years. Tonight I wanted a "message" from Tammy Wynette -- who, for whatever reason, "comes to me". Who knows why? Although I guess someone with the moniker "rock n roll psychic" -- a name I got because I spent a lot of time talking with blonde singers in Nashville, that perhaps it is not SO weird.

Anyway, in "answer" to my "query", I heard, in my head, "look for a song I did with George" and after looking up George Jones - Tammy Wynette duets on youtube, this particular song instantly "lit up" to me.

Read the lyrics -- listen to the song and think of it as a possible "message from beyond". It, too, may give you chills.

Here is the song: "Take Me"

Take me, take me to your darkest room
Close every window and bolt every door
The very first moment I heard your voice
I'd be in darkness no more

Take me to your most barren desert
A thousand miles from the nearest sea
The very moment I saw your smile
It would be like heaven to me

There's not any mountain too rugged to climb
No desert too barren to cross
Darlin', if you would just show a sign
Of love, I could bear with all loss

Take me to Siberia
And the coldest weather of the winter time
And it would be just like spring in California
As long as I knew you were mine

Yes, it would be just like spring in California
As long as I knew you were mine

Take me, take me

Here is the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgY_Ge7toI&feature=artist

No comments: