Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

For Entertainment Purposes Only

(Originally Posted June 18, 2011)

I believe that soon, in fact very soon, the laws and regulations surrounding psychics, astrologers, alternative health practitioners, etc. will become a bit like a noose surrounding the necks of those who might rock "established" systems. It would not surprise me to see laws enacted, and actively enforced, to curtail psychics and all who practice some form of "fortune telling" or alternative "healing".

Since I am a fairly well-known psychic, this (of course) concerns me but c'est la vie, one must deal with the ways of the world as they unfold. I have been called many things but, and this is something I take a great deal of pride in, unlike many in this field, I have never really had to deal with being called a "fake".

But all my "street cred" and page upon page of endorsements may not matter all that much in the months ahead. The good, the bad, the in-between -- all will soon find themselves in the same sinking ship. I am throwing this thought out there to my brothers and sisters in the field as I do believe this day is moving slowly, but surely, towards our collective doorsteps.

I took the step just moments ago to add the standard disclaimer "For Entertainment Purposes Only" to my website. My advice to you all is to do the same. I am not sure why this thought jumped in to my head so forcefully but it has. And I have learned to trust my instincts.

I believe our worlds are about to change. We, of course, are not going away -- and with the proper verbiage we can still effectively practice our craft. Normally, our work would be protected under the First Amendment -- as "free speech" . . . but I am not convinced that will continue to be an effective argument going forward.

I think it may soon be a bit of a sticky wicket. Sad, but -- I also believe -- the truth.

No comments: