Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family Tree

Well, if the internet is to be trusted, at least as far as genealogy, then it appears as if I may be a direct descendant of Mary Boleyn, Anne's sister -- the one they tried to hook up Henry VIII with first-- which would also tie me directly (through her mother, Lady Elizabeth Howard) to King Edward I and William the Conqueror.

So, for you Tudors fans, that would have made Anne Boleyn's scheming father my great-great several times great grandfather. Mary's grandfather, Thomas Howard, was the grandfather of two of Henry VIII's wives (Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard) as well as great-grandfather of Queen Elizabeth I.

It also appears as if my family came over with the original "Lord Baltimore" in the early 1600's.

Here is the link

1. King William I
2. King Henry I
3. Empress Matilda, (wife of Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor)
4. King Henry II
5. King John I
6. King Henry III
7. King Edward I
8. Thomas of Brotherton, 1st Earl of Norfolk
9. Margaret, Duchess of York
10. Elizabeth de Segrave
11. Thomas de Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk
12. Margaret de Mowbray
13. John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk
14. Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk
15. Lady Elizabeth Howard
16. Mary Boleyn
17. Catherine Carey, Lady Knollys (chief Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Elizabeth I, who was her first cousin)
18. Henry Knollys
19. Elizabeth Knollys
20. Margaret Willoughby
21. Sir Samuel Griffith
22. Elizabeth Griffith
23. Benjamin White
24. Rebecca White
25. James Cecil
26. Madison Cecil
27. Lourissa Witten Cecil
28. Samuel Mainous
29. Terry Mainous
30. Jacqueline Mainous
31. ME

No comments: