Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Eye of the Needle

(Originally Posted May 29, 2011)

Admit it -- there are times when you read the news and think, "wow -- is it REALLY POSSIBLE people are truly just that stupid?"

We could list thousands of examples to support that. Of course, others might say the same about me, too, I guess. After all, I talk about seeing places thousands of miles away with just "my mind", reincarnation . . . and not just that, my version of reincarnation includes time folds and concurrent lives and a whole host of whackadoodle notions that would make the average white conservative Christian start looking for a match and a pile of twigs . . .

Add crop circles as messages from another world, the literal power of magick (with a k) and a specific past life as a Confederate General, Major General William Dorsey Pender . . . well, OK, you got me. I "stretch" your powers of tolerance.

However, I have been on a political tirade again and this morning I want to talk a bit about "the merger" of spirituality and greed.

There is a famous passage in The Bible that goes like this: "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" -- Matthew 19:24

But to listen to most "preachers" talk -- who take everything in the Bible, every parable, in the most literal sense . . . it seems to me that this particular passage seems to have slipped through the cracks.

Hypocrites !!

Yep . . . hypocrites.

But the "New Age" is not much better and, towards that end, I want to re-post a note I wrote back in early April. 'cause it says pretty clearly how I feel about it. Nothing wrong with having money and nice things . . . but, at what cost :(

I am, myself, in a bit of a moral and ethical crisis, wrestling with these same questions. The IT (Information Technology) market, as I "predicted", is finally "coming back" and once it does, my "market value" will suddenly rise from next to zero to a whole lot, pretty much overnight.

Not only that, my corporate "past life" includes skill sets that would allow me to circumvent most of the checks and balances that keep people from working in Canada because I have a skill so in demand that it would actually allow me to live and work in Canada RIGHT NOW . . . where there is a pretty girl who has stolen my heart (and I don't see her giving it back).

I don't care about the money -- not too much anyway . . . and I wouldn't go back to that "life" ONLY for the money --I played that game once and it led to a bad ending, but I DO want to live in Canada and so, the questions . . . they ramble around the cranium.

I can't be the only person in the world who has seen the greed and corruption running wild through the streets and felt paralyzed by the need to step way from the fire and go within. I can't go back . . . not in the same way. I have seen too much; but I am trying, hard, to find a way to split the difference -- to maintain the "proper balance".

Anyway . . . the need to be an ethical cat in a world of bad kitties -- it is a dilemma.

****

It is time to step away from focusing on "prosperity consciousness" -- the mantra of so many "self-help" gurus, of late -- and look, instead, at opening up to divine realizations of who (and what) we are: spiritual beings intimately connected to a greater "whole", immortal beings of light who reincarnate over and over, God-thirsty pilgrims looking for love.

See your connection to this "greater whole" and love will fill you; focus on separation and love will continually evade you.

It really is that simple . . . material things can be taken from you in the blink of an eye, a tsunami or fire or invading army can change your world pretty quickly. Choices based on "current market trends" can reverse in dramatic, life-altering ways . . . but Love and a connection to your spiritual core -- the timeless spark you start, and end, with -- will never waver.

Fill your heart with love, be open to the still small voice within you and no matter how dark the night of your soul's passage, you can still move in to a space of healing and slip within the open arms of forgiveness and, then, begin moving towards golden rays of love that will fill you up rather than leave you, as so many are, yearning for that "next thing" to justify your, too often ego-based, existence.

Love is truly what matters. You can have it. You can.

It's your choice.

No comments: