Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Shift" not only happens, it is happening right now

*Originally posted February 13, 2011

It would not be surprising to see, short-term, more regressive political measures and ideas swirling about . . . but that world, and mind-set, is crumbling. The wake-up bells are clanging and the "shift" so many of us have said would happen one day is finally happening.

Right now.

I have been saying for the past few months that "2011 is gonna be a magical year" and that things would look a lot different at the end of 2011 than it looked at the beginning. Love, respect, balance . . . what we would hope to see in individuals we should also expect from countries. The old ways are dying. Truly they are.

It is interesting looking back over the past few years that my "predictions" for the upcoming year have always been seen as "extreme" and "unlikely" (and, in retrospect, pretty much dead on). I was one of the few, five or six years ago, willing to say (out loud) that the United States was on the decline -- ruined by political criminals and unchained greed -- and that economic news would be more dire and long-lasting than anyone could imagine . . . or, at a minimum, admit to.

I have been visiting in Canada for the past 5 days and already I am seeing (and feeling) the difference between the U.S. and our neighbor to the North. I am incredibly sensitive to "energy" and, at first, I noticed I was kind of irritable and, truthfully, kind of a dick . . . but this is not the first time I've gone through short-term "mass consciousness shifts".

On a symbolic level, I feel my body was "adapting" to the collective consciousness here on Vancouver Island. It's different . . . and, for a couple of days, my badass American self was noticing (and not understanding) that difference . . . it is (for me, anyway) a noticeable, tangible change that I see and feel, quite literally, in "the ether".

There is something very akin to mass hypnosis happening in the United States, all manifest destiny and big trucks and fancy bonuses, buy buy buy -- but for more and more people that world is a sham. Across the globe people are waking up from the hypnotic tick tock of mass consumerism and I expect, very soon, that love and dreams of peace will replace the need to for measuring our self-worth only by our bank accounts.

When we see our common humanity in others, how alike we truly are -- regardless of race or language -- rather than how different, THEN we will start to bring this world in to reality.

Over the last few years, I have repeatedly said that I expect 2012 to be a lot like Y2K -- but dramatic shifts in consciousness are happening, at an incredibly rapid pace, as we move towards that magical date. So maybe that's it. Maybe "that" is 2012 . . . The world is about to change. A lot.

For the better . . . I see it.

No comments: