Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Alchemical Heart: A Magazine for Soul Mates

*Originally posted March 21, 2011

From 2007 -- when I "returned" to the "psychic world", shortly after throwing my 300K consulting career in to the toilet after my daughter Lehna's death -- to early 2010 most of my public focus as a psychic was on making predictions, specifically predictions about politics and economics -- with a flood or shipwreck thrown in from time to time for good measure. I was, in retrospect, incredibly accurate but seeing all this . . . and saying it when no one really wanted to hear it -- well it took its toll. I grew tired of it all and, several times, tried to pack my psychic bags and go.

In 2010, I found a new outlet for a while -- working in Los Angeles as an actor; something of a pleasant surprise but all along my internal battle could sort of be summed up like this: "am I a psychic artist, or an artistic psychic?" . . . and, if somehow I really am both, which of course is truly what I am, what is the best way to blend and honor both worlds.

In the fall of 2010, another pleasant surprise fell in to my lap; I met a girl and I fell in love, madly, hopelessly, in love . . . and within a very short time my public demeanor (without planning it that way) -- and the manner in which I tended to be perceived by others, changed fairly dramatically -- from wild child Hollywood psychic bad boy to Soul Mate poster child.

An interesting transition.

And now, I am adding a new wrinkle to that; I am planning, with the help of quite a few of my closest friends and colleagues whose work I respect, to start a new magazine devoted to love and spirituality . . . a magazine for, and about, soul mates, about the love that transcends time . . . about meeting your soul in the body and arms of another.

I have heard from a lot of people that they "want what Alicia and I have" . . . and I can certainly understand that, since I spent 55 years looking for it myself. But that was not the reason I have decided to go down this path, although it certainly played a part.

My work with past lives and astrology also had a huge influence in why I have decided to start this magazine. There are several very well-known psychics and artists on board with this as columnists and contributors and over the next couple of weeks I will be introducing them and letting you know a little more about the specifics. But, for now, I just want to say this:

Love is what matters. It, truly, does make the world go round and without it, we are a sad sad pup. "The Alchemical Heart" will be a blend of spirituality and romance, with sacred places as well as intimate places to sit with the one you love . . . astrology and food, past lives and places to visit in the present day. A magazine for those who want to taste that most special of loves, the meeting of self in the body of another.

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First, to let go of life.
In the end, to take a step without feet.
Rumi

No comments: