Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Saturday Night in Comox Valley

*Originally posted February 15, 2011

I went to a party Saturday night with Alicia (the first "viewing" by some of her friends of her new American boyfriend) and met a really interesting man who owned a company with a very unique (and, as far as I could see, completely viable) business model promoting alternative energy solutions. We had a nice conversation and I totally understood his concept, was able to quickly figure out much of the capitalization ('cause I'm good at math) and actually started seeing fairly comprehensive platforms to both market and implement his product.

After awhile, he asked me what I did. I said "don't you know?" -- assuming I was a rare enough bird to have, at least, garnered a little pre-visit buzz. He then said, "so tell me. What IS a psychic? What do you do?"

We talked for a while longer and then he looked at me and said "that all sounds pretty sane."

And, I thought, well of course it does :) . . . because my approach to this most mystical art is rooted in a rather complex, but incredibly balanced, blend of flat out clairvoyance wrapped within a classical education in the Humanities and Critical Thinking. The "Sane Psychic" . . . my latest tag line.

But the idea of sanity and psychic insight for many is a bit of a stretch because to most people -- let's face it -- those of us who see "beyond the veil" are often considered a bit "out there" . . . one of the reasons I hid my psychic TV past so diligently when I made the switch from prophet to profit motive back in the late 90's.

When I worked as a business analyst, I was able to "see" what was broken in much the same way I see constrictions in your 3rd chakra today. The part that had "issues" lit up to me. Literally. It . . . lights . . . up -- like a bulb on a Christmas tree.

So issues in your 3rd chakra or a supply chain problem or data integrity issues in some legcy system feeding into the mainframe, I see them all the same way. At first.

But the way I "approach" them is completely different -- because, of course, the model to describe (and later, work to "fix") is rooted in a completely different semantic system with a totally different emotional core underscoring what's "wrong".

I couldn't work at a high level in business without a fairly decent understanding of how it works and -- especially -- how people who "do it" . . . talk about it. Because more than "seeing", it is the "describing" that really matters.

As we move forward in to this amazing transformational year, more and more we will be called upon to explain what we see in words and pictures that the average Joe can relate to. Even if what I see is soooooooooooo out there, still I make conscious choices in how I describe what I see . . . and what I suggest as the most viable solutions to correct any problems one may have.

The "Sane Psychic" -- a wonderful conversation on a wonderful night, along side the incredibly beautiful woman I love :)

No comments: