Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

The end of Catholicism ??

(Originally Posted November 5, 2011)

There is a famous prophecy of St. Malachi listing all the popes of the Catholic Church. The current pope -- and truthfully, I can't even look at him. There is something about him that makes me go eeeeeeggggghhhhhh -- is, according to St. Malachi's list, the next to last pope.

Most people have interpreted this to mean that Armageddon will come and the world will come to an end. However, I have stated out loud that I think the next couple of years are likely to not be in the Catholic Church highlight reel of happy times.

So here is MY take on St. Malachi. I believe the Catholic Church is on its last legs. This doesn't mean the world will end; it simply means the Catholic Church's world will end -- at least in the way we see it today. Something better is coming . . this could very well be a more enlightened form of Christianity.

But the hypocrisy of the Catholic leaders is destroying their Church and soon, in my opinion very soon, just as people are taking their money from the too big to fail banks and going to credit unions, I believe their will be a similar move happening very shorty from the too big to care Churches towards smaller more intimate non-denominational churches, preaching a direct connection to God.

No comments: