Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Predictions and Positive Thinking Part II

I have made many BOLD statements over the past 10 years -- making "public predictions" about things people absolutely did not want to hear. Let me list just two of them . . . the ones that have probably caused the most uproar.

1. The War in Iraq -- I said, while the needle in the haystack who hid the WMD's where's Waldo Hussein charade was playing out that (a) Iraq had nothing to do with anything other than not giving us their oil for the price we wanted to pay for it and (b) that a war with Iraq would

-- last forever &

-- bankrupt the US.

Put the Freedom Fries back in the oven and pour me a big tall glass of French wine because it was a scam from the get-go but nobody wanted to hear that. We weren't gonna let those "non-white people" invade us and use their WMD's -- which the crafty little boogers had the audacity to HIDE from our inspectors, who were really just doing their jobs.

I said the war would not end quickly -- as everyone KNEW it would, it would be a financial black hole and a diplomatic disaster, AND that it would put strains on the US Army that would, one day, come back to haunt us.

No roses and puppy dogs in that prediction. But -- seven plus years later . . . was it accurate?

Black Cloud Prediction # 2 -- the rosy economy is being systematically looted and will soon, once there is nothing really of value left to steal, begin to implode.

I didn't say it right off EXACTLY in this way -- but then I did sorta suggest that there was some "crony capitalism" that wasn't for the common good . . . so I watered down what I knew a little bit so as to make the medicine go down just a little easier.

I said that housing prices would not only stop rising like a runaway rocket ship but, blasphemy of all blasphemies, they would soon drop like a stone and take the rest of the economy down with it. I started saying this privately in 2004, publicly in 2006.

Before Barack Obama arrived on the scene I said he was not what he seemed and that beautiful as his speeches are/were, he was on the bank's Christmas Card list and he would do nothing to implement the changes he promised.

I said unemployment would skyrocket, the economy would go into stagnation for years and that people would suffer -- more so, much more so !! -- if they did not understand what was happening and allowed the status quo to continue without taking steps to avert the impact.

There are more, of course, but these two will hopefully make my point. Good news is beautiful but perhaps most of us have been in love and all was roses and candles and violins -- only to later learn that the story wasn't true.

We were being played. It didn't feel good, did it? Would you rather have a heads up early in the game -- or learn later after you bought your partner a house and a fleet of BMW's?

Forewarned is forearmed. Look at my track record or friends like Terry and Linda Jamison, Alison Baughman, and others. We see what is going to happen -- even if it goes against what people expect.

Isn't that why you go to psychics -- to see what's coming up, especially the things that may "pop up" out of the blue?

I stand by my predictions and my right (no, obligation) to deliver them.

No comments: