Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Am I the Reincarnation of this man ??

As a child I was Civil War CRAZY . . . Bruce Catton's books were like the Bible and I was famous as a pre-schooler for dressing up as a soldier and telling everyone I was going to West Point. I held on to this West Point join the Army idea up until Junior High School but by around 9th grade those ideas began to fade.

I dreamed all the time -- and I remember the dreams very vividly, 50 years later -- that I was a soldier, especially a soldier in the Civil War, with a Gold Sash and a big sword. I loved the Confederacy and HATED the blue coated Union soldiers . . . everything was about and for the Confederate Army. I have SERIOUS issues with racism in this world and now I find it ironic in one sense that I had such a strong love for the Gray uniforms and such an intense distaste for soldiers in Blue but certainly as I child I most assuredly did. And, I still do.

As a Civil War "buff" I always wanted to go to Gettysburg, PA to see the battlefield and the museums. Same thing for Richmond, VA. I went there as a child so I could go look at the Confederate flags and uniforms. When I was 14 years old we went to Gettysburg.

A few days before leaving for Pennsylvania, I had a growth removed from an infected bite just below my left knee. We went to Gettysburg but a few hours after we arrived I noticed big red streaks running up and down my left leg. We went to a doctor in Gettysburg who told us that I had blood poisoning and I needed treatment for it or else I might lose my leg.

Lose my leg? My father had a pickup truck with a camper on back and I rode all night from Gettysburg to Ohio in the back of the camper, bumped and jostled around, but we got back home, I had another minor operation, kept the leg moist, elevated and pampered and a couple of weeks later we went back to Gettysburg.

In my late teens I started having "visions" -- the onset of what would later be the foundation for my career as a psychic. When I was 24, I moved to San Francisco and found psychics and teachers and took classes on Past Life Regression. Several people commented that year that they saw me in a gray Confederate uniform, with a Gold Sash.

My girl friend, Lisa Webster, who tragically contracted leukemia and died when she was only 27, and I were visiting Stanford University in Palo Alto and while I was there on campus I started seeing visions of a battlefield. I could see soldiers dead in the fields. I looked down at my leg -- my left leg was amputated at the knee. I asked Lisa, "do you see anything strange?"

She answered "your leg's gone."

This went on for a long time. I felt almost positive that I was a Confederate officer in the Civil War . . . but who? And how would I ever figure it out?

A few years later, I was randomly looking through a big picture book of Civil War memorabilia and my attention was drawn to a coat. The coat was nothing flashy or special and according to the caption was worn by a Confederate general, someone I had never heard of. That soldier's name was William Dorsey Pender.

I was for some reason fascinated though by this coat and so I started looking up information about young Gen. Pender. It turns out that he and I share the same birthday -- February 6. It also turned out that Gen. Pender had been shot in the leg at Gettysburg, ridden all night in a wagon from Gettysburg to Virginia where infection set in, his left leg was amputated at the knee and, as a result of the operation, he died.

A West Point graduate, he was a rising star in the Confederate Army before his death. As an astrologer I was determined to see if there were any astrological signatures suggesting "karmic ties". Our birthdays were the same so our suns would be exact conjunctions.

He was born February 6, 1834, me February 6, 1955 -- exactly 121 (which is 11 x 11 by the way) years apart. The two most telling signs of "karmic connections" are aspects to the moon nodes or Pluto, especially if there are tight aspects to any of the four angles in the chart.

Well here it starts to get a little "freaky deaky". My moon nodes are exactly opposite his. My North Node is at 3 Capricorn, his at 3 Cancer. The mid-point of our Pluto's is exactly, within a minute, conjunct my Ascendant, my Pluto is opposite his Mars by declination almost exactly and his Pluto at 11 Aries is loosely conjunct my natal Mars at 16 Aries. Anyway, there are even more very tight aspects between the charts but without an exact time it is difficult to be super precise on aspects to the Moon or the angles . . .

I have shown his picture to several well-known psychics who have confirmed their belief that yes he and I are one and the same. Is it true? Of course I have no idea. Gen. Pender was famous as a cool head under fire but was also considered by many to be somewhat aloof and taciturn. Loved as a leader but perhaps not as loved as a man . . .

He was also vain about his looks and worried about losing his hair.

Anyway I am attaching a composite photo of William Dorsey Pender and me. Am I the reincarnation of a General in the Confederate Army, specifically this General ?? -- well who knows. But what the heck, it does make an interesting speculation perhaps.

I always joke that next time I'm in Nashville I should get a little respect, at least a 10 % discount at McDonald's but alas perhaps not . . .

I am also -- fwiw -- attaching a short bio I found online. It goes like this . . .

*****

Pender is an excellent officer, attentive, industrious and brave; has been conspicuous in every battle." ~ Robert E. Lee

Born on February 6, 1834, in Edgecomb County, North Carolina, William Dorsey Pender was one of the finest young officers in Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. A small piece of trivia may be of interest to the reader that involves Pender. Three Army of Northern Virginia generals shared Feb. 6th as their birthday: John B. Gordon (1832), Jeb Stuart (1833), and Dorsey Pender (1834).

A favorite of the commanding general, who listed him next to Hood and Jackson as his "best men" Lee was to later remark that had Pender been able to stay on his horse another half an hour at Gettysburg, he would have won the day.

Pender graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, a member of the class of 1854. Ranked 19th of 46, like Powell Hill he was posted to the artillery branch of the antebellum army. Amongst his distinguished classmates were G.W.C Lee, O.O. Howard, John Pegram, Jeb Stuart, Archibald Gracie, S.D. Lee, Stephen H. Weed, James Deshler, and Thomas H. Ruger. The class of 1854 produced 11 generals; of these 11, 6 were killed in battle, including five for the Confederacy.

In the antebellum army, the dark-haired, strong Pender was known for his bravery as a lieutenant in the dragoons. Faced with an Indian chief at the battle of Spokane Plains in the Washington Territory, Pender turned the battle by galloping up to the chief, grabbing him by the arm and throat, and carrying him in that fashion away from his braves. Pender then took him back to his line and hurled the chief into the midst of his troopers.

Pender resigned his commission with the U.S. Army on March 21, 1861, and was appointed an artillery captain in the new Confederate states army.

He was quickly promoted to colonel, however, and given command of the 3rd and 6th North Carolina regiments. On June 3, 1862, he was promoted to brigadier general after a fine performance at Seven Pines and assigned to command a North Carolina brigade in A.P. Hill's "Light Division." Pender's bravery was so conspicuous at that battle as to attract the attention of Jefferson Davis, who said: "General Pender, I salute you." Davis had Pender promoted on the battlefield to general.

Pender distinguished himself as a brigade commander. An admirer of Hood, he strove to make his brigade "second to none by Hood's Texas boys." Wounded at Malvern Hill during the Seven Days, he was back with his men to fight at Cedar Mountain, Second Manassas, Harper's Ferry, and Sharpsburg. He was wounded at both Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville as well as at Second Manaassas where after a shellt grazed his head he jokingly told his wife that he was well but his head was a "little more bald of yore."

Upon reorganization of the army, he was given command of the division upon A.P. Hill's promotion to command of the Third Corps.

With this increased responsibility came a promotion to major general.

A favorite of Powell Hill, he was hand-picked by Hill to command the old Light Division when Hill was promoted. Hill wrote of Pender: "Gen. Pender has fought with the Division in every battle, has been four times wounded and never left the field, has risen by death and wounds from fifth brigadier to be its senior, has the best drilled and disciplined Brigade in the Division, and more than all, possesses the unbounded confidence of the Division."

Pender was married and had two sons. At twenty-nine, he was one of the youngest of Lee's division commanders. He wore a pair of black stars cut from felt sewn on the collar of a rough gray tunic to indicate rank.

Pender could be blunt. He had an argument with James Jay Archer around the time of Fredericksburg and was no fan of Jackson or Stuart. Of the former, Pender remarked that he only wished for promotion as "a means of getting out of Jackson's command." He noted that Jackson would "kill up the army the way he marches" and that Jackson was too forgetful of the fact "that one gets tired, hungry, or sleepy." As to the latter, Pender thought his classmate "a scheming fellow" who he would "not have him command the corps for anything in the world." He also felt that there was Virginia bias in the Army, noting that he had two strikes against him -- he was from North Carolina ("and that will work against me with Mr. Davis") and he was a friend of General Hill which he felt would work against him with Jackson.

Pender led the Light Division at Gettysburg. While trying to ready his troops on the 2nd day of fighting, Pender was wounded in the fleshy part of the thigh by a shell fragment. The wound bled profousely. The sight probably did not alarm his men, who were used to seeing Pender wounded before. Reluctantly Pender had to go to the rear. Deemed too valuable to be left behind to be captured, Pender was jostled back across the Potomac in a wagon. Despite the difficult ride and an infection setting in it was thought that he would recover, however, as his condition seemed to be improving.

He then suffered a severe bleeding at Staunton, Virginia and while he was able to stop the blood with a hairbrush and towel as a tourniquet, the surgeon deemed the artery impossible to repair and the leg was amputated. Pender died within a few hours after the operation on July 18, 1863. He was buried in the churchyard of Calvary Church in Tarboro, North Carolina. His last words were "Tell my wife that I do not fear to die. I can confidently resign my soul to God, trusting in the atonement of Jesus Christ. My only regret is to leave her and our two children. I have always tried to do my duty in every sphere in which Providence has placed me."

Ironically, after being wounded so many times, a two-inch shell fragment finally is what did in the gallant Dorsey Pender.

Superlatives are easy to find for the talented Dorsey Pender. One officer sums them up, stating the opinion of most who knew him: "He was one of the coolest, most self-possessed and one of the most absolutely fearless men under fire I ever knew."

Pious, brave, and young, Pender is the epitome of the typical officer in the Light Division. The letters he wrote to his wife are collected by William Woods Hassler in a book entitled "One of Lee's Best Men" -- a reference to a letter by Robert E. Lee that lamented his loss of his "best men:" Jackson, Hood, and Pender.

http://www.aphillcsa.com/pender.html *****

Another bit of Karmic trivia -- there is a book "Someone Else's Yesterday" and a somewhat famous case involving a gentleman, Jeffrey Keene, who believes he was the reincarnation of John Bell Gordon, another Confederate General born on February 6.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation07.html



No comments: