Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Life As Performance Art -- for my Next Trick . . .

Got a call tonight about another movie -- this one shoots on Saturday (in theory after I've already left Casperville USA and headed north to the San Francisco Bay) and it is interesting to me how quickly I have vibed with the idea of being a professional actor and how it juxtaposes with my career as a professional psychic.

Ironically (or not -- depending on your frame of reference) the more I try to detach and distance myself from my identity as a professional psychic -- "The Rock n Roll Psychic" -- the more attention I seem to get. Every time I do the "Greta Garbo" thang and try to walk -- the more voices seem to rise in the wilderness saying "don't go, bucko . . . stay stay stay."

Interesting . . . very interesting.

I am enjoying this little run as an actor; however, I feel as if right now my whole life is "performance art" and I am publicly pulling rabbits out of unknown hats -- it is all some magickal walk on the wild side, art and metaphysics and love and loss and a bevy of strange and curious creatures all lined up in a parallel universe trying desperately to join in . . . be a part of the "show".

I am taking chances -- crazy chances -- but that is the thing about Art . . . sometimes you have got to push the envelope sooooo hard. So hard.

I am a high wire act trying not to fall . . . I will continue to pull the rabbits out of whatever hat I can find. Life is a daring adventure . . .

or -- it is nothing.*

Nothing at all.

-- My friend Linda Bryant asked -- after reading this and all the other things I've written -- if I perhaps have my North Node in Leo. My answer is in the "Comments" section but I have decided it actually kind of "adds" to the story so I have re-posted it here, as well.

-- Actually, my North Node is in Capricorn. But I have a Leo Moon . . .

on top of that, my Moon is in the third house and I have a Gemini Ascendant so the third house has some significance due to its association with the Rising Sign

and the ruler of the Ascendant, Mercury, is right on the M.C. -- "a born talker"...

But the Nodes would suggest -- and I think this is true -- that I am a traditionalist and, at heart, more interested in stability and less inclined towards being the wild gypsy mystic poet

I have a "skill" (or "gift") and a drive towards using that on a larger scale. BUT -- if it "were left up to me" I would NEVER have come back to do this . . . The reason I try to "quit" so often is that maintaining this really flies in the face of what I want -- FOR MYSELF

but, as several psychic pals have said to me -- "subtle didn't get it". I wanted my house and big screen TV's and Italian shoes. That is what I wanted --

but obviously "Spirit wanted me for something else" -- so "The Perfect Storm" had to hit me and that worked like this . . .

I lost my little Lehna and my employer turned out to be my baby's killer -- a perfect storm, an ethical nightmare . . . literally, a living Hell.

Karma.

Everyone can talk all they want about free will but I believe there is a guiding hand at work and whacked as this sounds, I believe I am usually maneuvered back to this "Psychic World" -- it even sounds like an amusement park hahahaha. "Come on kids, let's go to Psychic World!!" -- no matter how hard I have tried to have a "normal, conventional" life.

A daring adventure --

played out on a public stage

predictions of world events . . . all these stories and notes, movies and radio shows . . . I say what I am going to do and then my little corner of the world can watch with me and see if I can do it (or not)

a magic(k) act -- LIVE . . . that, really, IS my life

*"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing." -- Helen Keller

No comments: