Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

What I Believe

**I originally posted this about a year and a half ago, but it is still valid -- and, hopefully, relevant, today.**

Over the past few months, as I have "come out" more and more again as a clairvoyant and started hosting "Rock n Roll Psychic Radio", I have received a lot of inquiries asking my opinion on a variety of topics, such as past lives, spirituality, psychic ability, and several others . . . so I have decided to respond to a few of them here.

GOD -- Yes I believe very strongly in a divine creative force in the universe, what we call God. I also believe that God is in all things, not only people, but animals and trees and mosquitos and all other living creatures--and I think Mother Earth is also a living breathing spiritually-infused entity, as well. God's presence and Love is in ALL things.

Past Lives -- I believe very strongly that reincarnation is true. I also believe that past life influences will often "seep into" this life and that an awareness of past lives will (a) give insight into optimal ways to lead this life and (b) confirm a stronger sense of spirituality and God-awareness.

I do both "past life" readings and "past life" regressions. I also believe I can discern past life influences through astrology. In my work as a clairvoyant, my readings are more easily quantified and validated than "past life" readings which can never be fully "proven"; it is all subject to debate. If I say that if you drive down the street and make a left turn and there is a big white building with a covered wagon in the front yard and it is there then I am right . . . if it is not then I am wrong.

"Remote viewing" can be validated . . . but all past life "influences" are subject to, at its core, some level of "faith".

Religion -- I have such a deep faith in God and the spiritual interconnectedness of all beings. I believe it with every fiber of my soul. I am also intellectual enough to realize that it is only an opinion and cannot be "proven".

I am what might be called an "Esoteric Christian". That means that I believe in the divinity of Jesus the Christ as a spiritual light, a true master and a historical figure--a man who physically lived.

I believe HE is the TRUE LIGHT.

I believe deeply in the spiritual teachings of Jesus as captured in the New Testament and other source material. However, I think that we do not really follow the teachings of Jesus very well in this culture and so, on that level, I am extremely disappointed in Western Christianity.

I think there are many wonderful spiritual teachers on the planet--both now and in years past. I feel that Islam is a beautiful religion, too, and believe in the divinity of Muhammed as well as Jesus. Does that make me Islamic? I don't really know.

The two "religions" I feel the most "intense" connections with are (a) Russian Orthodox Christianity and (b) Sufism. I don't go to church any more and am not a member or follower of Orthodoxy or Sufism but I do, on a soul level, feel drawn to both.

God loves all creatures. All religions that honor God and Mother Earth and her lovely brood is a "true" religion. Just as there are many languages and many places on this Earth, all unique creative aspects of the Divine, so too are there many religions that also creatively depict and honor the Source. To say that one religion has all the answers and all others miss the point is nothing but ego and arrogance and is blasphemous in the extreme. Whenever people look to God, whether alone or within a group, in that moment they are practicing "religion".

I honor ALL religious traditions . . . so long as they come from a place of love. If there is love in their heart then they are beautiful in God's eyes and the followers of those religions are also beautiful in my eyes as well.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow black and white they are perfect in his sight; Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I sang that song in Sunday School in Ohio when I was a little boy. It is spiritual TRUTH. Why do the churches who sing this song so often live their lives in variance with this? Jesus is hope and light . . . for ALL races ALL cultures and people . . .

I also hold several "heretical" viewpoints . . . ideas that in a different time might lead me to have a shorter more violent life, i.e. dangerous notions that would, literally, get me killed. That "memory" is a part of my "karmic DNA" but . . . here goes:

1) I believe Jesus had brothers and sisters, I believe he was married to Mary Magdalene (who was also a spiritual master like Jesus) and I believe they had children. Is the whole Davinci Code Holy Blood Holy Grail thing literally true? I don't know but I think that version of Jesus is CLOSER to the truth than the myth portrayed in Western Christianity.

2) I believe religion is an experience not a teaching. I believe one can connect to God without the benefit of clergy and so I am a Gnostic and, historically, a religious trouble maker.

3) I believe in the power of Nature, that everything is filled with light and spirit. I am a pantheist, what some might call a Pagan, others would call a Witch. Once again a heretic and rebel and a candidate for a nice warm fire beneath my feet.

4) I also believe that I have a "spiritual mission" and that is to help others find their way to the God within them. I use my clairvoyant abilities as really just a tool to get attention for my "ideas" about both religion AND politics but being "The Rock n Roll Psychic" is not truly all that I am . . . I am primarily one who is a seeker after God . . . I want to know God and have God know me . . . and I am looking to share that search now more and more with others who also feel this burning flame within them. I feel it and I know others feel it, as well.

Psychic Ability -- During my first go round as a psychic back in the '80's and 90's I thought that my "ability" was a "skill" . . . something that I developed and "mastered" (on whatever level that may have been) much like one might develop a high level skill as a musician or athlete or surgeon. I took ownership of it and, as a result, had kind of an "ego" attachment to it.

I also believed everyone had this and could, with a little work, develop it just like with enough time and patience one could learn to play the guitar or be a good chess player.

I have changed "my tune" on both counts. I think of psychic ability as a "gift" . . . one given to me directly from the creative source we label as God. As a result of this gift also comes the responsibility to develop it and use it as a honor to God and not as an honor to myself.

Since I am by nature both lazy and egotistical (hahahahaha not a surprise I fear to some who know me) I sometimes "rebel" and feel the need to play and/or "act out" . . . the wild child hell raisin' psychic.

I think now that Spirit often sees me as a cute little child playing in the streets and I feel their love and patience with me but I also know there is a reason I have been given this gift and the time and money (and temperament) to fully develop it.

I now recognize my "abilities" as a spiritual calling and not a vocational one. I am a "psychic" because I allow that label to attach to me but truly I am just someone trying to find his way back to Spirit, a God-thirsty beggar on a glass wire, dancing on the edge, trying to live in two worlds all at the same time.

LOVE is the answer, the only answer . . . the truest expression of the God within. That is my "truth".

No comments: