Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

"Khar - Ma" and "The Tarot of Hungarian Shadows"


I have spent the past two days thinking through the hows and whys of my new divination decks: "Khar - Ma: Past Lives Divination Deck" and "The Tarot of Hungarian Shadows". I was in a channeled frenzy creating them and now that I've breathed life in to them, I must find a way to release them in to the big bad world.

I am an astrologer and so I believe strongly in the power of "all things in the proper time". I have chosen the time I feel is both astrologically and personally correct -- March 4 @ 7:30 pm EST / 4:30 pm PST.

At that time, I am going to do a radio show on Blogtalk Radio where I use the "Khar - Ma" cards for on air readings. I will begin mailing decks the next day . . . March 4th is an important date for my "personal karma" as it was the day back in 2006 in which we learned that our baby Lehna had died in utero.

When the show ends at 6:30 PST it will be almost exactly 4 years to the minute from when we first learned of Lehna's passing and the "wheels" began turning towards extracting me from my comfortable corporate existence -- if Lehna hadn't died I am almost certain that I would have never returned to the "psychic world".

A little about the "Khar - Ma" deck (from my earlier note) . . . the deck has 63 different cards, all with both a picture and a title. Each card is also individually numbered. Sixty-three is an interesting choice mathematically -- 3 x 21 or 7 x 9.

But this deck is designed to have a secondary hidden wrinkle, card # 64. Like the Fool card in a traditional Tarot Deck, this card is numbered both 0 and 64. It is a "wild card" and my plan, as long as I do a limited run, is to "choose" a card and label specifically for the individual purchasing the deck.

In other words, each deck will have a card chosen by me as being thematically significant relative to the purchaser's past lives as well as being an integral part of the deck in doing readings for oneself or others.

And Card 64 also adds another mathematical wrinkle to the deck. It is now 8 x 8 but, more importantly, it also matches the 64 squares on a chess board. To me, this linkage to Chess -- and the metaphors of the Game -- are vitally important to the mathematical magic implicit in this deck.

I feel as if the number 63 is important in pricing the cards but for me, personally, $63 for the deck seems like a lot so I have come up with this, hopefully, symmetrical compromise. I am going to offer BOTH decks for $63. The "Khar - Ma" deck will be $39; "The Tarot of Hungarian Shadows" will be $36 (both numbers are inversions of 63 -- 36 is 63 reversed, 39 sort of 63 backwards/upside down) .

The "Khar - Ma" deck will also have a unique card chosen by me for whoever buys the deck. BUT -- this will only last for a time. I am going to do this for the first 99 cards. Each of the cards will be signed and numbered and will also have a unique one-of-a-kind card #64.

After the first 99, though, the price will drop to $36 but card # 64 will no longer be personally selected by me -- although future decks will still not all have the same card 64. The decks will have 5 different options and so the Wheel of Karma continues to turn as to which card shows up.

These are individually created and crafted decks and will have a more "home made" vibe -- on purpose, partly, but also somewhat out of necessity, too. There won't be a box, either. The cards will be shipped tied with either a gold or sliver cord. To purchase the decks, please go to my website -- www.rocknrollpsychic.com -- for ordering information. Shipping will be extra -- $6 per deck within the US. Foreign orders -- well honestly I don't really know yet . . . but if you're interested, please let me know and I will find out.

Again, the "official" launch for the "Khar -Ma" deck is March 4th at 7:30 pm EST / 4:30 pm PST. "The Tarot of Hungarian Shadows", (even though it was actually developed AFTER "Khar - Ma" -- the "idea" of it had been percolating for many years), will have an "official" launch BEFORE that of "Khar - Ma" . . . February 26th at 5:00 pm EST / 2:00 pm PST. At that time, I will also do a show on Blogtalk Radio doing on air readings using the deck.

Both decks, however, will not be mailed until March 5th, Lehna's "birthday". Also, March 5th gives me additional time to complete the instruction manual for "Khar - Ma". I am planning on doing a book on "Khar - Ma" and also a book on "The Tarot of Hungarian Shadows". . . both hopefully will be complete within the next 6 months.

These decks rock -- truly they do . . . even if I DO say so myself.

No comments: