Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Mercury Retrograde Song

This was originally posted on 9/29/09

**play a little Prince, "1999", first and then – sing along**

Well it started off so nice then everything just went hog wild
I went to the bank it seems my loan had been mis-filed
all the people there they turned around to look at me
then all of a sudden -- two cars run right into a tree

well well the planets they are whacky
seems the sun must have turned away
don’t understand it neither but here is all I got to say
Mur cure EE’s the wrong way
Ret ruh grade oh yay
Call me another day
I don’t think I wanna play

Well, Time passed so slowly, everything just turned to mush
I met four girls but they all seemed to have a crush
on the guy next door I just don’t think that that’s quite fair
he’s only 5’ 2” so what if he’s got all his hair-airrrr?

well well the planets they are whacky
Ve-nus it has gone away
hair plugs they are worthless
that is really all I got to say
hair plugs – no way
anyway my hair’s all grey

but then the day arrived the day we’d all been waiting for
people went outside no longer curled up on the floor
the stars shine bright the Heavens are no longer mad
we shake our heads and say “damn that SHIT WAS BAD!!”

well, well, It's over now the clocks’ll work,
it's all gonna be just fine,
Tonight, I'm gonna party like it's 9-29-0-9
say it one more time
9 - 29 - 0 - 9
It’s direct everything will fall in line
it’s 9 - 29 - 0 - 9

Thaaaaaaaannnnnnnnk yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu, thank ya thank ya very much

No comments: