Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life is an Adventure

** "Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing" **

** "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." **

** "What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me." **

all quotes -- Helen Keller

********

I decided to "get out of the way" a few months ago and try to roll with whatever came down. This wasn't the "easiest" thing to do hahahahaha. . .

especially since I had TOTALLY exhausted whatever financial reserves I had accumulated from my days as an executive -- ALL that was gone -- and I was doing NOTHING, in the conventional, "oh dude you have got to get some money" sense to fix it . . . I just "believed" I would be OK . . .

I have lived off readings and nickels in the mattress for over 3 years now -- amazing :)

over the last couple of months -- especially the last 3 weeks -- I have had to make very quick eenie meenie minie wtf choices when 2 (or more) of the same thing popped up bang bang, sometimes just hours apart. Which movie, which choice HEEEELLLLLLPPPPP . . .

I have wanted to leave LA for the past 10 weeks yet there was always one more thing -- I was teaching a class, "The Psychic Justice Tour" was coming, I was in a movie, and then ANOTHER movie . . . SOMETHING -- that kept pushing it back a week . . . and that week got pushed back another week and then it was 2 months later and I'm still here.

I have no money, no established home, most of my clothes (and all of my furniture and personal items) are in 4 different storage units -- in 4 different cities !! . . .

and yet, somehow, I can show up on professional movie sets and give off a vibe of supreme confidence (not arrogant but contained) and it isn't an act . . . it is legit.

But how?

Trust me, too, when I say that I DID NOT want to go "oh, by the way . . . psychic readings? I don't think so" . . . but it was "insistent" and so, in that "OK, God, I'm trustn ya" state of mind I changed that, too.

My life TRULY is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but I am riding it out . . . and I feel that my adventure (and the forth-coming chronicle of that adventure -- 'cause, baby, my life is for sure en-ter-tain-ing) has helped me in some, as yet, undefined way.

Artist or psychic, psychic or artist? Somehow I believe that soon, very soon, I will find a new magickal hybrid that combines them both in ways not usually seen . . .

How do you ride a tiger? I guess you just jump on and don't count the seconds until you're going to fall off. Whatever time you're on is magick . . . ride, Tigerboy, ride :)

No comments: