Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Pilgrim's Way

(Originally Posted November 28, 2011)

I just watched this lovely film about the Orthodox Faith -- the link is below . . . it brought some peace, and inspiration, to me, which is what one hopes Art will do.

I struggle with my "Religion" -- wanting so much to find one that encompasses my views and allows me to express my "inner reality", both as a "psychic" and as one who so strongly believes in the truth of past lives, the truth of multi-dimensionality, of a spiritual ether that permeates our lovely planet.

I am a "Christian" -- actually a very devout Christian -- although I have renounced the Christianity I was brought up with. I feel as if the Church has been hi-jacked and turned in to something very much in opposition to what I feel are the "true" teachings of Jesus Christ.

I have considered, more than once, dropping out of the world and joining a monastery. I have joked -- although it is actually kind of true -- that many times I go through periods that are very "monk-like" as I tend to retreat into myself and spend much of my days alone -- then I will go into a very social period, filled with people and action . . . only later to drop back and go into a quieter, more secluded space.

It has been a rhythm I have followed my entire life and even though it may have been disruptive to my "accomplishing things" in the world, it has served beautifully the need to find a quiet still space from which to live.

Each time I have considered being a monk, and I have contemplated this several times over a long period, it is always within the Orthodox Church -- even though I am not a member of the Orthodox Church. This is telling me something -- as it obviously tells you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQ98qolWTE&feature=related

No comments: