Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

You say 2012, I say 2010

Originally Posted May 28. 2010 on Facebook:

I want to give "happy predictions" -- truly I do :) . . . but when I kept saying (as I have for the past 2 years) that the months between May and October 2010 would be what people think of when they think of 2012 there was a reason for it -- the floods in Nashville and now in Poland and of course the madness in the Gulf. And the financial bombs . . . well they're waiting in the wings as we speak.

The greed and shenanigans in the Gulf of Mexico is killing our planet, not slowly like we've been doing -- but in big chunks.

The marine life we need to maintain our own quality of life is being decimated -- this should piss everyone off and finally put the fire in our belly to do something rather than wait for it to rain down from above.

But this is not the first time we've seen massive spills -- nor probably the last time either.

In 1999, when I was the Process Manager for Enron (YES, 'tis true) and a direct report to the VP of CSC Energy Services, I warned him that there were fundamental core infrastructure problems within Enron that would be incredibly problematic soon.

At the time, Enron was publicly hailed as THE most innovative company in the world. It crashed and burned 2 years later.

At Kaiser Permanente, I tried to warn people, as the head of Problem Management for all Batch Reporting Systems and later as the Operations and Testing Manager for all of Northern California, that there were patient safety issues galore within their digitized medical record system that could "kill someone". Ironically, it was my own child who later proved the accuracy of this prediction.

And now, as the Rock n Roll Psychic I, once more, clang the alarm. There are problems and no amount of positive happy thoughts will change them unless there is action to support it.

THIS is the time for action. Right thought, right action. There is no better time than NOW to embrace your neighbor and pitch in (from the ground up) to protect our natural resources and show kindness and compassion to our neighbors, no matter what color they are, what language they speak, how hip or cool they may or may not be.

This is a crisis -- so put the positive thinking to good work and make a difference. But don't think, for a minute, that there are not problems, BIG problems, looming large.

The reason I predict the things I do is because it is what I believe will happen. THIS is the most critical year. Right now is 2012.

No comments: