Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Music and Magic

More than ever in this whacked out world it is through the opening of our heart and soul that we must search for answers.  I believe music is a quick entree for unleashing the passions inside us to help move us, perhaps, towards a better world.  I have always believed that art and poetry and theatre and music (especially music) are prime vehicles for helping us realize those dreams.

To that end my latest project is going to be a book on music and musicians who use metaphysics/magick/consciousness expansion techniques as a tool to help with creativity and song writing--as well as bands that rock out enough to fuck with other people's minds, too, and serve as an alarm clock to the masses.

And by "rockin out" I don't mean that bands can only be hard core--any genre/style that opens up to/with the heart to me "rocks".  Period.

If there are any of you who may be interested, perhaps, in being involved in this project please let me know if this is something that rings true for your world.  If so, I would love to hear from you.  I have several friends already in mind for this but I am anxious to hear from all of you.

I want now, at this point in my life/career, to start doing more writing about music and musicians as I feel that music, more than anything, is the key to taking back the minds and hearts of the sheep.

I really do believe that.

I was part of a group looking at starting an indie label here in Northern California--no money of course but still maybe worthwhile--and I am looking more and more at focusing on putting politics/magick/and music all in to one kick-ass stew.

It is a fucked up world, no doubt, but good music still does what it always did and that is worth keeping alive, no matter what.

No comments: