Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Please join me in supporting Cindy Sheehan's Run for Congress

I am passionate about politics but incredibly cynical about politicians.

However, there is a candidate throwing her hat into the ring whom I feel very strongly about: Cindy Sheehan.

This morning my daughter Riana and I drove into San Francisco to attend Cindy Sheehan's press conference in which she announced her candidacy for the House of Representatives, running against Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

Even though we had never met before, Cindy was so warm and gracious and it was truly like hanging out with an old friend--this in the midst of what had to be a very stressful time with cameras and CNN and an upcoming trip tomorrow to the Middle East.

So much of what she said rang so true. I must admit to feeling such a very strong kinship with Cindy both as a human and as a political analyst because Cindy's analytics as to the hows and whys of what is happening in the world are very cogent and well-spoken.

She understands the implications of current policies very well. I was really impressed with both her knowledge and passion and, on top of that, she just seemed like a really good person, someone you would like to invite over and hang with.

I hope all of you will take notice of her candidacy and support her efforts. She said so many things that I agree with 100% but (as many of us with the same viewpoints know all too well) it takes REAL courage to say some of them out loud--no matter how true they may be.

I talked to her both before and after her speech and more than ever I am convinced she is the real thing.

Daniel Ellsberg was also there and I had a chance to speak with him, as well.

Here is a picture of Cindy and I that I found on yahoo (I am the unidentified man in the picture--not a very flattering angle LOL but . . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Cindy's slogan is People before Politics. Cindy told me that her concerns are "peace, accountability, sustainability and humanity". I think perhaps more than anyone I know Cindy has put her neck on the line to draw attention to these issues.

Over the coming months, Cindy will be leading a grass roots campaign meeting with voters asking people what they are really concerned about.

As she said "I think that is what a good rep does." And I agree.

For more updates, please check out her website:
http://www.cindyforcongress.com/

Also, Cindy is on myspace, too. Here is her myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/campcaseymom

It is time that we stand up to make a difference--together.

No comments: