Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Teacher

I had always "planned" on teaching -- in some capacity. My ideas did not "fit" the academic canon of the time so even though I was considered something of an academic wunderkind, it was adios Ph.D. and all that route (which truly made me sad but . . .

no I do not want to "specialize") and I have, instead, out of necessity, taken the long winding outlaw back roads . . .

yeppers, "what a long, strange trip it's been" but I think it is safe to say that I "know stuff" and I am looking forward, now, somehow, in sharing that more and more.


When I was young, I wanted, REALLY WANTED, to have an academic career but I just couldn't compromise. I wanted to!! Don't get me wrong. But I couldn't. So, all these years later. . . here we ARE !!

My ideas obviously don't fit the "mainstream" . . . but I think the mainstream is pretty much all heading over the cliff so, right now, I am happy to be dancing on the fringe . . . So -- to the other outlaws and eccentrics of the world, viva la difference :)

No comments: