Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Karmic Outlaw (Excerpt # 2)

I went home that night and did the regressions myself. We’d done them twice during class so I had a fair recollection of the steps. Relax first, then the journey up the mountain, walk along the side count 1 to 25 step by step see the mountain picture it in your head. At the top, the guide . . . then another count and finally the doorway. Step through it, back in to the past, back in to a life “relevant to the life you’re living now.”

Reincarnation. Was it possible?

For months after that, I did them every day, kept the days and trips in a notebook, page after page after page. At first, I was a doctor, a pediatrician it looked like, living in Baltimore, born 1903 died young in a fire in a big beautiful Victorian home with a wrap-around cream-colored porch. Then I was a composer, studying at the Prague Conservatory with Dvorak, who, I later discovered was there during the years he/I studied there, 1890-1893. A doctor and a classical composer . . .

I had my validation, a historical “hit” – Dvorak at Prague. I had been playing the piano for the past year; so being a composer made sense to me. I was convinced. A verifiable fact; it was true!

But the lives started piling up. More and more and more lives – all lived in the 1900’s. It wasn’t possible to be all of them. What did it mean?

And then things morphed again . . . I won this little toy tiger at Pier 39 in San Francisco playing “whack-a-mole”. Actually, won two of them and in our apartment on Dwight Way in Berkeley there was a little hook hanging from the ceiling, so one of the tigers found a home there. At first I didn’t pay much attention to it but after a while I noticed that when I looked at the tiger it would “rotate”. The tiger’s arms were held up so the paws were both parallel to the head, like a mini goal post.

Each time I would look at the tiger, it would move. OK . . . a few days of this passed and then I started putting my arms in to the same configuration as the toy tiger and when I looked at it, I held my arms like the tiger’s and rotated at the hips. The tiger seemed to like this and moved more. Within about a week it became pretty obvious that there was something “unusual” going on . . .

No comments: