Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Psychic Development 101

When I was 24, I took a class on Past Life Regressions and that night I went home and regressed myself and within a couple of months I was pretty much flying along. The regression class showed me a way in which I could slow myself down and could also more easily focus on sorting out the images I saw in my head.

I was lucky enough to meet Sanaya Roman at a cocktail party in Mill Valley and studied a bit with her and she showed me some techniques for opening up the "third eye" that I have used (and taught) ever since. I, literally, meditated for 4-5 hours a day 4-5 days a week for about 4 years and as you can imagine that "changed" me. In the beginning too I was extremely psychokinetic--shit moved, man, I was like a baby poltergeist on wheels--but after a few months of things being INTENSE all that slowed down to a trickle.

I believe that all psychics need to learn techniques to help them focus no matter how naturally gifted they may be.

The first thing you do when you try to "teach" psychic development is work with imagery techniques to control the body. Anything that you do, if you stay calm you will do it better. Right? So when I was a basketball player if I could stay calm I would play better and part of my ability to stay calm was to KEEP A PICTURE IN MY HEAD that I was a good player and try not to stress about things.

OK, so far so good. With visualization techniques, in essence what you are trying to do is "trick" the body in to conforming to what you want so that the body will get out of your way and you can then see more easily. Think of clairvoyance as if you are a passenger on a train. The train is going really fast and there is stuff flying by out the window. Maybe the window is dirty and grimy and hard to see through.

The first thing you need to do is slow down your train. The second thing you need to do is clear your window, get a little mental windex and THEN you have a better shot because images fly by--what you want is to hold on to the image longer so you can more easily make sense of it.

One technique involves "pushing light" out of your third eye, the pineal gland, the area just above your nose in the middle of your forehead.

First, deep cleansing breath, sitting (I find I like laying down but do much better sitting up) straight imagine sending energy out the bottoms of your feet into the earth to ground and out the top of your head to connect.

Next imagine a rod of light working through your body. Feel it getting hotter. Keep picturing this rod and light expanding and warming the body while maintaining your connection to both the ground and the heavens.

Now feel yourself protected. Picture a bubble around yourself. Imagine a warm glowing light glowing in your stomach. The light and color expands to fill your body and the protective bubble around you.

Be strong. FEEL yourself getting strong, powerful, CONNECTED. KNOW that you ARE connected. Allow that feeling to grow within your body. When you are ready then PUSH light out your forehead, strain if you have to.

Push the light out through your forehead. This is one way to open your third eye.

Another technique to help develop psychic awareness is by using past life regressions. Most regressions involve some form of "image quest"--you are directed to climb a mountain and then look in a mirror or you're directed to go look for your guide or any of a number of different scenarios.

Another important "tip" in developing "psychic ability" is to think of information as, literally, being on a grid, an info super-highway, that you can tap in to. This information grid, analagous to what Jung called the collective unconscious and what some psychics (including myself) believe is akin to David Bohm's theories of the implicate order in physics, is a vehicle for remote viewing and reading the akashic records.

I have done this for close to 30 years now and I believe that the mind is a powerful force that can be molded to a large extent to fit your will: "do what thou will", right? I think regression work or any type of internal "vision quest" is a positive and, with practice, it will transform you just as lifting weights, eating healthy, or practicing yoga will transform you. Practice, practice, practice for the pearl of great price will not be easily found.



No comments: