Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Britney and the VMA's

Well instead of my usual fare of 9/11 Conspiracies, Economic Gloom and Doom and the evil machinations of a dark international banking cabal, I have decided to focus on something I know has relevancy and importance for the average American--Britney Spears' performance at the 2007 VMA's.

Britney Spears - Gimme More live VMA 2007

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Drunk, bloated, and crazy--personally I think it just adds to her credibility.  And while I agree that her "dancing" suggested either some hard partying or perhaps an inner ear problem, the one thing I can't understand is everyone going off on the poor child being "fat".  When I first saw this performance my first thought was not "oh you beached whale what is your problem" but rather a more succinct "honey".

So, seriously, even though I don't care about her much as a musician I do think it just ha ha hilarious that a young woman who looks this good should get shit from a bunch of fat out of shape critics saying that she is "too big".

She's not. 

I remember many years ago when I managed a New Age Bookstore when people would come in and want Health Books and basically give me shit because I didn't eat only this or only that but I was like 4% body fat and they were couch potato plus.  It is the same thing here. 

If you don't like her music, don't buy her CD's or watch her perform.  But, seriously, if this girl is fat then how can the average person (who perhaps may really be a bit on the hefty side) ever hope to fit in. 

Holding these young women up to some impossible standard is ridiculous. It truly is.

No comments: